Dental implants in Oxford and Didcot
If you need a trusted dental implant expert in Oxfordshire, then our Oxford and Didcot practices offer affordable, long lasting, premium quality implants.
All our implantologists are registered with the General Dental Council (GDC) and our practices are regulated and monitored by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) so you can rest assured you are in safe hands here at the Smile Practice.
Why choose tooth implants?
Are you embarrassed when you smile because of gaps in your mouth or missing teeth? Our smile is an important personal expression of who we are – it brings us closer to the people we love and it helps to build the bonds to new friendships and relationships in our lives.
Far too many Britons feel that their teeth (or the lack of them) gets them down. They make a conscious effort every time they laugh or every time they smile to hide their teeth by covering their mouth. It can have an impact on everything from our confidence at work to how we feel on a first date.
Dental implants are the solution to this all-too-common but very real problem. If you need dental implants, the Smile Practice in Didcot or Oxford can help you restore those missing teeth to how they once were and put the confidence back into your smile.
What are dental implants and how can they help me?
Dental implants are artificial roots which act like natural teeth so you won’t even notice the difference. They can be used to:
- replace just one missing tooth by supporting a crown
- replace multiple missing teeth by acting as the support structure for a bridge of several crowns
- hold loose dentures securely in place
Dental implants work hard to maintain the natural bone in your jaw, preventing further bone loss and that sunken jaw look. Implants are inserted into your jaw in a quick and painless procedure. This is unlike conventional dental bridges which require adjacent teeth to be drilled for support.
Because implants are anchored into jawbone, they offer unparalleled stability and comfort similar to that of your own natural teeth. With proper care and correct oral hygiene, dental implants are a long term solution to giving you the perfect smile and restoring your confidence.
How do dental implants work?
As an adult, when you lose one of your teeth, you’re left with a space in your gums. That space is where the root used to be and that’s important because those roots are what helped your mouth and your gums achieve stability for the things you take for granted – like talking, chewing, and biting.
With a dental implant fitted by one of our Didcot or Oxford specialist dentists, a titanium cylinder is placed in your gums. This takes the place of the root that was there before your tooth fell out. The cylinder, when fitted, fuses to the bones. This fusion gives your dental implant the stability it needs in your gums and that means it lasts much longer than other forms of replacement teeth.
Once the implant is fitted, your dentist will fit something called an abutment to your implant. The abutment is there to keep your new tooth fixed to the root.
Our specialist partner dental laboratories then create a tooth replacement which fits directly onto your dental implant – this replacement is usually a bridge, a crown, or a structure designed to support your mouth and gums if many teeth are missing.
The implants we source from the laboratories use a special form of dental porcelain, crafted to sit naturally and aesthetically alongside your other teeth (we take impressions of these during your consultation).
To the rest of the world, your dental implant looks like a normal tooth (even the colour). Just as important to you, our patient, it functions, looks, and feels like the tooth you had before.
Why choose the Smile Practice for your tooth implants?
- Because it’s all about you. And that doesn’t just mean the personalised treatment or the world-class standard of dental and medical care you’ll receive at all stages of your dental implants procedure.
- We’re committed to patient care. We want you to feel comfortable, confident, assured, and in charge throughout the entire process.
- Clinically registered experts. All our dentists are registered with the General Dental Council.
- Latest dental implant technology & techniques. We invest in the very latest dental implant technology for both our Didcot and Oxford Practices. We keep up-to-date with the very latest techniques to ensure you benefit from the best standards of care.
- Free Consultations. Both our Didcot and Oxford clinics offer a free no obligation consultation so you can find out everything you need to know before deciding whether or not dental implants are for you.
- 0% Interest Free Credit. If you and your dental implant consultant decide the procedure is right and appropriate for you, you can take advantage of our 0% payment plan which allows you to spread the cost of the treatment over a period of time.
Didcot and Oxford dental implant consultations available
To book your dental implants consultation with our Didcot or Oxford team, please call The Smile Practice on 01235 813245 today. You can also pop into our surgery to make your appointment in person.
Free info pack
Download a free information pack